Photo Adventure Storybooks are like photobooks, except that they have a storyline that your kids help to write and illustrate. Then, there is a photoshoot portion where we bring the story to life with your children acting out the story while I capture it on camera. You can see a full Photo Adventure Storybook here.
The Photo Adventure Storybook Package includes:
- Your choice of Photo Adventure Storybook template
- Pre-consultation, continuous emails and phone calls, and guidance throughout the entire process for creating the best story for your child
- 1-2 hour interactive, fun photo session
- A custom-designed, hardcover book with your children’s photos, story and illustrations composited right into the story, printed on archival paper
How did the idea for Photo Adventure Storybooks come about?
I came up with the idea for these books when I noticed that there were not very many options as far as family photography goes. I wanted to create a photoshoot that could teach kids and get them more involved in the process. These shoots are personal and interactive, as your kids have so much input into how the stories turn out!
How does it work?
1. Your children choose from several story templates, and fill in the blanks with their own imaginative ideas – who they want to be, what type of super power they want to have, and even get to draw their own monster that I composite into the final book alongside them.
2. We bring the story to life in a one-hour photo session, where your kids act out their own story. It’s a fun way to get creative, to work on writing and drawing skills and to bring your children’s visions and imaginations to life.
3. You get a custom-designed hardcover book containing the photos of your children, their story, and their drawings.
Do I get the digital negatives with my book?
Digital are not included by default, but can be added on to any collection for a reduced cost. They are included in some collections along with books and prints, and there are many options so that you can find the right collection for you.
Do I actually get a printed book at the end?
Yes! You get a beautiful hardcover book which features your photographs printed on archival paper. You can order additional books as gifts for your friends and family. With a graphic design background, I design each book and its cover specially, so you end up with something that is completely one-of-a-kind.
You can order additional books as gifts for your friends and family. With a graphic design background, I design each book and its cover specially, so you end up with something that is completely one-of-a-kind.
What is the investment for a Photo Adventure Storybook photoshoot package?
Please inquire through my contact page – I will be happy to give you all information on booking, pricing, and details in an informational packet along with traditional family photo package information.
What age group is this intended for?
Generally your child should be old enough to be able to come up with some ideas to contribute to the story, to get the most benefit. 4 & up is probably best.
Where do you shoot?
I am based in Connecticut so I mostly shoot in Connecticut, New York, and the New England areas. I love to travel though and will go anywhere!
How are these photo shoots educational?
The fundamental idea behind the books is empowerment. The kids help write the narrative and many other aspects of the book, and I encourage parents to let their kids choose their own costumes. In addition, they get to create illustrations which are composited right into the photographs. Because they are directly involved in the creation of the book, they get to learn about the creative process, writing, drawing and improvisation. You still get the photos you want, while also feeling good that your kids are learning in the process.
Will I still get traditional photos of my kids?
I always mix the narrative photos with some more traditional ones as well, so you can have portraits to print and frame.
More questions or interested in creating your own story? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form on my contact page!